TELL IT TO ME AND I WILL FORGET.
SHOW IT TO ME AND I MIGHT REMEMBER.
Training Concepts and Contents
The didactic foundation of my training concept lies in the active combination of knowledge (cognitive level), sensitivity (affective level) and action competence (behavioural level).
By conveying basic academic information, by fostering comprehension of emotional reactive patterns and by applying practical exercises of real-life situations I prepare the participants lastingly for intercultural challenges.
In my usually two-day seminars, I prepare executives and managers for the intercultural challenges in the respective country.
The core contents of these trainings are adapted to fit the individual circumstances of work and/or life and can cover the following areas:
- General intercultural awareness and competence
- Country and culture facts, also from a personal view
- Mental and behavioural patterns through stereotypes
- Definitions by cultural dimensions
- Business etiquette, starting and maintaining contact
- Direct and indirect communication – in work and private life
- Time concept and management
- Hierarchies, decision levels and leadership
- Meetings, presentation and lectures
- Conversation and negotiation skills
- Conflict management: strategies for prevention and resolution
- Do’s & don’ts, economic, social and religious taboos
- Personal tips for adequate behaviour
- Preparation for culture shock
- Country-specific integration support for partner and family